Cosplay Brew: 28 Days Of Black Cosplay – ScorpKing Costuming
● Please tell us your name and where you are based.
Wendell Smith Sr, from Upper Marlboro, Maryland
● How long have you been cosplaying?
I have been cosplaying going on 13 years.
● What characters have you cosplayed the most?
Honestly, too many to name… but I’ll stick with Thanos, with probably 13 versions; Closely followed by Black Panthers, T’Chaka and T’Challa, with 7 or 8 variations of each.
● Please list your Website or Fan Pages
1. What made you decide to cosplay?
My knucklehead friend.
Easlanian Warrior – Photo Credit: Oluwaseun Asade Photography
2. What do you do for your day job or hobbies?
King Rasnan, King of Easlania, Realm of Vanadium – Photo Credit: Oluwaseun Asade Photography
3. Which of your cosplays have been the most challenging and/or the most rewarding and why?
The Captain of the guard from the live action Cinderella movie. 51 buttons and a ton of embroidery.
Mordeaux, the Unknown Assassin – Photo Credit – The Eyes of Aitch Photography
4. What is the best advice you would give to other cosplayers of color specifically?
Don’t make cosplay a competition. It’s supposed to be fun. As Jean Luc would say, ” Make it so”.
Hercules Mulligan – Hamilton – Photo Credit: The Eyes of Aitch Photography
5. What one thing could the cosplay community do better when dealing with one another?
Remind yourself why you started to cosplay. It wasn’t for money or accolades… it was because you saw the fun others were having. Do that every now and again. The stress is not worth it.
Reblogged this on belleburr.