After the events of last episode Dom’s in the hospital looking exactly as you’d expect for someone who almost (but not quite…hmm) got murdered, again, and she is 100% done. Santiago tries that soothing voice bullshite and Dom’s like, ‘Look here. We are at war. These mofos tried to kill me twice. TWICE! How many more times I got to get shot at before you start taking me seriously?’ Santiago clears the room and finally admits that he actually does believe her and that he thinks that the Dark Army has their tentacles in the FBI based on the multi- trillion dollar bailout China just granted the United States. Dom’s like, ‘Dafuq you just say?’ Santiago lays out the deal that the US and China made and then they agree to keep running with Dom’s theory but under the radar as they don’t know who they can trust.
Angela’s kidnappers take her to a house in the suburbs that’s impeccable and also doubles as a Lotus Eater Machine of epic proportions. The entire time she’s there I couldn’t tell if anything she, or for that matter I, was seeing was real. Once again the Twin Peaks influence shows as Angela endures a series of seemingly random questions that give us a great deal of insight into her character but also emphasizes just how lost and lonely she is. It also gets her in just the right mind frame to meet Whiterose…
One of the things that’s been brought into stark relief this season is how alone all of these characters are. Each of them is fighting against the darkness within themselves as they try, in their own way, to make the world better. Hoping against hope that they are ‘Stumbling in the right direction’. That’s never more clear than when Elliot uses the Mind Awake/Body Asleep trick to see what happens when Mr Robot is in control. Elliot is so lost and alone in his own mind he has to trick himself into knowing what his life is really like and that? Leads to the ‘YES! FINALLY!’ moment of the evening.
Tyrell’s back bitches.
- But is Darlene alive though?
- I’m always scared for Joanna and Tyrell’s baby. I always expect that child to get murdered.
- Phillip is going to die soon. He’s getting way too cocky, even for him.
- I spent the entirety of this episode with a level of anxiety that is usually reserved for praying that Jon Snow makes it through a season alive on Game of Thrones. This show’s got me shook.
- As I said to Sosh, Elliot is completely unaware that he’s in a love triangle with Tyrell and Joanna. He probably won’t realize it until he’s in bed with them and trying to figure out how he got there.
- Raise your hands if you think that the Dark Army isn’t actually trying to kill Dom…