Mad City: Beware The Green-Eyed Monster
It’s the day of Lee and Mario’s wedding and frankly no one (in the viewing audience) cares. Except, Mario – who is fully infected with Alice Tetch’s blood – is plotting to discredit Jim to ensure Lee never goes back to him. This involves a convoluted plan, his dad’s mob enforcers and crazy eyes and, of course, it works. At least on Lee. Everyone else, with eyes and common sense (including Falcone), realizes that Mario has become a serial killer, gaining a personality but losing his mind in the process.
Meanwhile Barbara drops some knowledge on Ed re: Penguin and his involvement in Isabella’s death. He doesn’t believe her but the seeds of doubt are planted. This leads to Oswald confessing his feelings to Ed and Ed…not returning them. I can honestly say I didn’t know if Ed realizing Oswald had murdered Isabella for him would make him want revenge or turn him on because with these two it could have seriously gone either way.
- Harvey doubting Jim’s instincts after all this time rings false, especially after the last two episodes. Thankfully the ridiculously adorable Lucius has Jim’s back.
- Barbara is seriously turning into the best player in the game and no one is checking for her.
- Jim’s learning to trust his colleagues, a big step for him, and they’re proving to be worthy of that trust, a big step for them.
- Jervis has style, crazy, crazy style.
- You can see how Bruce is piecing together his future Batman outfit via all the people trying to murder him.
Everything ends the way I thought it would with a bunch of folks dead, Jim going into a BSOD and Oswald and Lee having to deal with the fallout of their poor life choices. We get an awesome caper with Bruce, Selina and Alfred and a surprise guest character who should have a ripple effect of massive proportions throughout the back end of the season.
Buckle up kiddos.