Please tell us your name and where you are based.
My name is Che. I’m based in Georgia.
● How long have you been cosplaying?
I have been cosplaying for about 4 years.
● What characters have you cosplayed the most?
I cosplay a lot of Disney characters. Growing up I was big into Disney princesses. My favorite princess is Aurora.
● Please list your Website or Fan Pages
1. What made you decide to cosplay?
I started cosplaying for fun! I would create looks and share with family but one day, I decided to post it on my Instagram.
Unity – Photo Credit : Che
2. What do you do for your day job or hobbies?
Cosplaying is currently my hobby. I have so much fun creating looks, building the props and becoming the character. I tend to spend a while in them. “Acting them out”
Hinata – Photo Credit: @n.leopard
3. Which of your cosplays have been the most challenging and/or the most rewarding and why?
My most challenging cosplay was my first cosplay I created by hand. I handcrafted every jewel and piece. I think it was because I had no idea what I was doing! A lot of trail and error. I was so happy I took my time because it made the pictures come out amazing.
Princess Allura – Photo Credit – Che
4. What is the best advice you would give to other cosplayers of color specifically?
Do be afraid to cosplay a character you love! Step out of the “canon” box and jump into your own creativity.
Chrollo Lucifer – Photo Credit: Che
5. What one thing could the cosplay community do better when dealing with one another?
Uplifting each other! Sometimes we get too caught up into the number of followers a person has instead of their content. Make friends if you like their content. Also be positive and honest. And only provide feedback or criticisms if they ask for it.