We here at PCU have been following the news about Nintendo’s upcoming console, the Nintendo Switch, rather closely. We have recently learned via Twitter, that Nintendo just confirmed this morning, that their ‘Nintendo Switch Experience’ conference will be live-streamed on their YouTube channel!
Nintendo Switch Experience 2017 is set to be hosted beginning tomorrow (January 13th), and running through Friday (January 14th).
The dates & times for the presentation are as follows:
5:30 PM PT – January 13
8:30 PM ET – January 13
1:30 AM in the UK – January 14
2:30 AM in Europe – January 14
5:30 PM PT – January 14
8:30 PM ET – January 14
1:30 AM in the UK – January 15
2:30 AM in Europe – January 15
It’s been reported that the event is designed to allow fans in Japan to experience the console first-hand, as well as enjoy special events & musical performances during the presentation.
Nintendo is expected to give a big reveal on the Switch’s launch lineup of games during the Switch Experience, however there was an image leaked a few days ago which allegedly details a few of the titles that are slated for launch day and beyond. According to said image, a few of the games that should be released upon the launch of the Nintendo switch are:
- FIFA 17 – Q2 2017 – EA Sports
- Just Dance 2017 – N/A – Ubisoft
- NBA 2K17 – Q2 2017 – 2K Games
- Dragon Quest XI – 2017 – Square Enix
- Pikmin World – March 24TH – Nintendo
- Super Mario Frost Land – Q2 2017 – Nintendo
- Assassin’s Creed Egypt – March 24TH – Ubisoft
- Mariokart 8: Switch it! – March 17TH – Nintendo
- Splatoon Counterattack – March 17TH – Nintendo
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition – 2017 – Mojang
- Super Mario RPG: Rabbid’s Invasion – March 17TH – Ubisoft
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch – Q2 2017 – Nintendo
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – March 17TH – Nintendo
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition – March 17TH – Bethesda Softworks
According to Nintendo, the planned launch for the Nintendo Switch is sometime in March of 2017. However, it’s our hope that the company will reveal a more solid date during their presentation.