Season 5 Pick-up and Plans for Beloved Franchise Characters and Original Villains Revealed During San Diego Comic Con 2015
On Friday, July 10, Turtle fans packed the room for Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles–Turtle Power! at San Diego Comic Con 2015 where the internet’s biggest fanboy, Andre Meadows (aka “@BlackNerd”) moderated a panel comprised of voice actors Seth Green (Leonardo), Sean Astin (Raphael), Rob Paulsen (Donatello), Greg Cipes (Michelangelo), Kevin Michael Richardson (Shredder), Eric Bauza (Tiger Claw) and Fred Tatasciore (Rocksteady), along with executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman. The panel included behind-the-scenes reveals including the announcement for a 20-episode pick-up for season five of the hit-animated series.
Other sneak peeks into season four include:
- David Tennant (Dr. Who) guest stars as The Fugitoid who was once an alien scientist named Dr. Honeycutt, but after his body was destroyed, his brain was saved and placed into the body of a robot.
- Peter Stormare (Fargo) guest stars as Lord Dregg, an arrogant, insectoid crime lord. When the Turtles incur his wrath, he becomes one of their most dangerous enemies.
- Michael Dorn (Star Trek) stars as Captain Mozar, the supreme Commander of the Triceraton Fleet. He is a cunning and brutal military commander who answers only to the Triceraton Emperor.
- Additional guest stars debuting later this year include: Lance Henriksen (Aliens) as Zog, a scout for the alien Triceraton army; Ron Perlman (Sons of Anarchy) as Armaggon, a vicious, bounty-hunter robo-shark with a taste for turtle; and Zelda Williams (The Legend of Korra) as fan-favorite Mona Lisa, a highly skilled Salamandrian warrior.
- Click HERE to download a clip from “Dinosaurs Seen in Sewers!” and HERE to download character art. In this upcoming episode, when Raph makes a new friend in Zog, an alien Triceraton, he may have bitten off more than he can chew. “Dinosaurs Seen in Sewers!” premieres Sun. Sept. 20 at 11:00 a.m. (ET/PT).
Season three premieres return August 2 at 11:00 a.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. Episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are available on Nick.com and the Nick App, along with platforms including iTunes, Amazon, Xbox, Google Play, Vudu, PlayStation, Hulu and VOD.
Since its launch in 2012, Nickelodeon’s all-new CG-animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has re-energized these iconic characters of this wildly popular franchise. Currently in its third season, the series is seen in over 170 countries and territories, and translated in over 50 languages. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles follows four mutant turtles—Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo—trained in the art of ninjutsu by their mutant rat sensei, Master Splinter, who teaches the turtles to battle evil from the New York City sewers. Executive produced by Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman, the series is created at Nickelodeon Animation Studios in Burbank, Calif.